Monday 5 May 2014

Savatage - Concert Report


I’ll be right there, I’ll never leave, all I ask of you is believe are lines from one of the best Savatage songs called Believe and dedicated to their deceased guitarist Criss Oliva who, together with his brother Jon Oliva (vocals, guitar, keyboards), founded this progressive heavy metal band in 1978. Yesterday, on the 7th day of August, 2002, the band finally performed in Belgrade and left all of their fans delighted. Having begun the concert with one of their most popular songs called Edge of Thorns, they continued with all of their best songs from 12 albums they’ve made for these 24 years of successful career. Band’s power to elicit enthusiasm with everything they did and said on stage was amazing! It seemed to me that fans were in some kind of trance while the band was playing Watching You Fall from the album Handful of Rain, recorded in 1994. And then it was time for their songs about war that occurred in 1991. and forbidden love between Muslim girl and Orthodox boy… Almost everyone in the audience held lighters in their hands during those heartbreaking songs. After two and a half hours of perfect performance, they ended the concert with fantastically well composed song called All That I Bleed and its expressive lines: Lord bring on the night, wrap it all around me, let it hold me tight, soak up all that I bleed… 


No comments:

Post a Comment